Silver jewellery has a funny tendency to react differently when worn by different people. Sounds strange, we know! However, it is all down to the acidic sweat from a person and the atmosphere around them. This can react with the silver alloy and create that black tarnished look. No need to worry about that though and enough with the science, the best way to care for your silver is to:
- Try not to bash or brush it against other jewellery. This goes for all precious metals to avoid any scratches or dints.
- Clean your silver as regularly as possible. You can buy silver cleaning solution from any local jeweller.
- Wear your silver all the time, don’t worry about it. If it starts to tarnish get an old toothbrush out give it a scrub and you’ll be back in business!!
Most importantly, love your silver, wear it with pride, show it off and smile!
Gold is an easy precious metal to take care of. Follow these guidelines and your gold jewellery will stay in perfect condition for years and years to come:
- It is best to keep your jewellery in a compartmentalized jewellery box. This will prevent it from getting scratched by other pieces you may have.
- Remove your gold while showering or taking a bath. Soap can create a film over the gold which can make it appear dull and dingy!
- We recommend you purchase a soft jewellery polishing cloth with tarnish preventive so you can shine your gold whenever necessary!
Warning!The instructions above are for all gold products. If your gold contains any diamond, pearls or opals then please contact your local jewellery for expert cleaning services.
Diamonds are a girls best friends! Treat them like your best friend and you’ll see the difference:Even though they are the hardest stone on earth they can still be chipped so be careful when doing any rough work.They can easily scratch other jewellery so keep them separate when not in use. A mini-grip bag or the box it came in will be sufficient!
Lotions, moisturisers, powders, chlorine bleach and soaps can put a film over your diamond and dull its brilliance. This can be easily rectified by cleaning it regularly.You can buy ultrasonic cleaners that clean at a high frequency turbulence. These are cheap and reliable and if you are serious about keeping your collection in top condition you really should get one. For more information please take a few minutes to visit one of our preferred suppliers – Just Gems in Aberdeen